Click on the heading below to go direct to the AgmReportpage content
Registered Charity 1162342
To refresh this page, please press the F5 button.
NEW SCAM WARNING!! 24/11/20
We have received emails purporting to be a source of Donald Trump commemorative coins. This kind of promotion is typical of scams, and if you follow it, you could be a victim of credit card or identity fraud. Delete these messages at once!!
Do read Huw's Musings from a Mordecai. Back-numbers can be downloaded.
Picture of the day (click on image for full size view): Bracknell has lots of trees, many of them very old, survivors from the old country around the New Town. This photo (taken today 4 November 2020) is of a small sports ground a hundred yards from the town centre.(past POTDs)
The Zoomed services on 22/11/20 will be Crafty Church at 9:30am and Holy Communion (St Martin's style) at 11am. To access click on this Crafty Church link.
The November Parish Mag, revised to 5/11/20 is now on line
This magazine will be periodically updated in line with Lockdown and the Covid-19 situation. Do not fully rely on planned dates in the mag.
Read the current Parish Mag HERE .
The Parish Mag is not currently published on the Web with ads.
You can look at the ads on their own by visiting the Advertisers' page.
Stay Alert news has a new article dated 24 Nov, and the R-factor falls below 1.0 for the first time for 6 months!!.
The Picture of the Day will occasionally be changed.
Scroll up or click HERE to return to the top of the page.
1. The Chairman welcomed members to the AGM.
2. Apologies were received from:- Dorothy Pearson, Richard Loveys, Huw Mordecai, Tony Bish, Sue Bish, Madeline Holl, Aubrey Bowden, Mary Bowden, Paul Jackson, Joan Doughty, Sue Freeland, Jill Glennerster.
3. Minutes of the AGM held on 28.2.19 were agreed as a true and accurate record proposed by Carole Luck and seconded by Margaret-Anne Hodson.
4. The following were unanimously re-elected as officers and Trustees of the Association.
5. The Chairman presented her report for the year. The electrics project had been delayed due to the parish finance position, and support being given to more pressing issues, however it is intended to progress this in earnest in 2020.
Fundraising planned for 2020:
6. The Treasurer presented his report and provided the following summary:
Anthony wished to acknowledge that the success of fundraising events in 2019 were primarily due to the substantial donations and generosity from individuals.
Anthony asked all Friends to review https://www.fosmw.com/ which has much information, but welcomes any comments or observations to himself or Ian Cadell.
Carole Luck proposed the report, seconded by Russell Goodburn. The meeting accepted the report.
7. Margaret-Anne hopes that improvements to the sound system as part of the electrics project can be implemented before the next Music and Merriment Christmas concert. Patricia Powell also wished for better sound quality at future meetings, which would not be an easy fix.
8. Anthony advised that a young performer, Harvey Lin, would be in St Mary’s on Sunday after the 11:00 service to give a 16min performance on the piano, all are welcome.
9. The meeting closed at 2020 hrs.
Generated 24-Nov-2020 22:00:57